Can CBD Help You Quit Smoking?
Smoking is the leading cause of death in America. It is also the most preventable cause of disease that could affect your body. Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, diabetes, emphysema, chronic bronchitis and affects your immune system. Every year 7 million people die from smoking-related disease and there are approximately 40 million adults who are addicted to nicotine in the US alone. Quitting now can help your body get rid of the nicotine and poisonous chemicals that come with smoking. Quitting now means you are less likely to suffer from deadly diseases like cancer.
Quitting smoking is not easy. Researchers have found that it takes 5-6 attempts before successfully quitting smoking. You must remember that nicotine is addictive. You will need to be physically and mentally prepared for quitting.
There are many ways of quitting smoking like taking nicotine replacement therapy, avoid triggers that will make you want to smoke again, chew gum, take part in physical activities, calm yourself down by meditation or yoga, ask for support from your family or people you are close with, think about the benefits about quitting smoking and best of all health providers are prescribing CBD to help in quitting smoking.
● CBD is not addictive: CBD is a non-addictive component of the cannabis plant. There is no psychoactive properties so you will not feel high. Plus, CBD can alleviate the psychoactive effects of THC.
● CBD can manage nicotine withdrawal symptoms: While attempting to stop smoking you will experience nicotine withdrawal symptoms after the first few days. CBD has many medicinal properties that can help battle headaches and pain, regulate sleep, reduce stress and anxiety, uplift mood and control blood pressure.
● CBD helps you relax: CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid systems in your body sending signals to your brain to calm down and ease stress and lower the anxiety level. When your brain has calmed down your body will be able to rest more.
● CBD reduces cigarette cravings: A study in 2013 showed that people dependent on smoking reduced cigarette consumption by 40% after using CBD for treatment. CBD lessens the pleasure of cigarettes.
● Chose high quality CBD products only: Chose CBD tincture or other products that contain less than 0.3% THC. Make sure that the ingredients are safe from harmful chemicals or heavy metals. Your CBD product should be Organic. Always ask for Certificate of Analysis or lab test results.
● Always start with low dosage: Start with the low dosage and allow your body to get used to the CBD in your system. By starting with a low dosage you can avoid side effects that may occur for some people. Increase dosage once you are ready. Be patient, it takes time for CBD to properly work for you.
At Mellow Organic, we wish you the best of health and hope you make the best health choices. Quit smoking today and let CBD help improve your physical and mental well being.
We have 2 CBD oil for you to choose from: Mellow CBD Oil that comes in 30ml bottle with two flavor options: Natural and Orange. Mellow CBD Oil is made from CBD Isolate that consist of only CBD and no THC. We also have Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil. One bottle is 30ml and comes with 1,800mg CBD along with THC, terpenes, flavonoids and other cannabinoids. We also have Mellow CBD Soothing Balm for those looking for premium vanilla scented topical for relaxation and pain relief.