CBD For IBS
What is IBS?
According to Mayo Clinic, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the stomach and intestines, also called the gastrointestinal tract.
● Stomach cramps
● Abdominal pain
● Diarrhea, constipation or both
● Changes in appearance of bowel movement and how frequent you experience bowel movement.
What triggers IBS is still not clear, but doctors point out that there are some factors that trigger the condition such as:
● Muscle contractions in the intestine. Slow and long contractions can lead to gas and bloating, diarrhea, inability to pass food passage.
● Poor coordination between the nervous system in the intestine and the brain may lead to inefficient digestive process which will result in pain, diarrhea and constipation.
● IBS can cause severe bacteria infection in the intestine resulting in diarrhea.
● People that were exposed to stressful events and trauma during childhood may lead to development of IBS.
● Changes in microbe in the intestine may affect people that suffer from IBS.
● Certain foods may trigger symptoms of IBS for some people like dairy products, citrus fruit, beans, vegetables, wheat, milk and carbonated drinks.
● When you are in stressful moments your IBS symptoms may be triggered.
When to see a doctor?
You should see a doctor if you are having irregular bowel movements and if you are experiencing symptoms of IBS. Be on alert if you are loosing weight, having diarrhea at night, rectal bleeding, unexplainable vomiting and when pain is relief after passing gas or bowel movements then go see a doctor as soon as possible. Please also note, IBS is common for people under 50 and women suffer from the illness more than men do. People who suffer from anxiety, depression and other mental disorders may also experience IBS. Genes and genetics do play a role in having IBS too.
Researchers believe that CBD can treat IBS symptoms.
CBD is a natural compound found in cannabis plant. CBD is known for its numerous health benefits like improvement of sleep, anxiety and stress relief, relief of pain and inflammation, improve immunity and help uplift mood.
Even though there is not enough information and more research is needed on CBD and its effects on IBS, people have started using CBD as a n alternative for treating digestive conditions like IBS and other ailments. Here's how CBD can help:
● CBD helps reduce inflammation in the digestive area. Helps reduce symptoms of IBS and other digestive disorders.
● CBD can help increase production of serotonin in the digestive area to improve digestion and lower appetite.
● CBD can help protect the digestive area from bacteria.
● CBD can lessen the pain from stomach cramps and contractions in the intestine.
How to use Mellow CBD Oil and Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil to treat IBS?
Now that we know CBD can treat IBS, it's time to introduce our very own CBD products. Mellow Organic is proud to announce two great CBD oil products. First, we have Mellow CBD Oil made from CBD Isolate which consists of pure CBD and no THC. Each bottle comes in 900mg CBD and there are two flavor options Natural and Orange. Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil comes in 1,800 CBD with THC, CBN, CBG, flavonoids, terpenes and other cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. Our CBD oil comes in 30ml bottles. For treating IBS if you are using Mellow CBD Oil then we recommend a dosage of 0.50 ml twice a day. For Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil since there is a high level of CBD we recommend to start with 0.25 ml twice a day. Shake the bottle well before using. Drop the oil under your tongue and wait for 30 to 60 seconds before swallowing. Drink a glass of water after using CBD oil to prevent dry mouth sensation. It's best to start with low dosage and increase the amount if needed. Please visit www.melloworganic.com for more information on our CBD products.