Studies Suggest CBD May Prevent COVID-19
Studies conducted by National Institute of General Medical Sciences, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the National Cancer Institute (NCI), and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences even though in early stages suggested that CBD can block SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
The test was done by testing the effects of cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabis compounds with SARS-COV-2. They wanted to know the interactions between CBD and the virus in human lungs and in mice. In the meantime they analyzed data collected from the volunteers of National COVID Cohort Collaborative who were prescribed CBD for prevention of seizure.
From data collected from laboratory studies and health record shows that CBD may have protective effects against the SARS-CoV-2 fending off the virus from creating more harm. The virus were not able to replicate, take hold of the body and create damage when CBD is introduced as treatment. For mice that were given CBD for treatment before being exposed to the virus were less likely to develop COVID-19 than mice that were not given CBD for therapeutic purposes beforehand. In human test subjects, those that were given CBD based medications were less likely to develop COVID-19 than those that weren't.
Out of all the 100 cannabinoids from the cannabis plant, only CBD seems to have the protective effects against COVID-19. Interestingly, when CBD was mixed with THC the effects decreased.
More research is needed to fully understand the potential of CBD as a prevention for COVID-19. CBD is no way a replacement for medication, vaccination, masking or social distancing. If everything works out CBD could be used along with the other precautions in preventing breakouts of viruses. It is alsom very important to understand that the CBD use in these researches is very different from the nonmedical over-the-counter CBD products you are using.
CBD has numerous health benefits such as promoting sleep, treatment of insomnia, improving immune system, relief pain and have anti-inflammatory properties, reduce stress and anxiety, regulate mood and motivation, manage discomfort from cancer treatment, increasing appetite and manage seizures. When choosing the right CBD products for you there are a few things you need to consider:
● Make sure that the product is lab tested for harmful chemicals
● Ingredients and instructions should be readily available
● Study the potency. Potency is important factor in how well the product will work for you
● There are three types of CBD available: CBD Isolate like Mellow CBD Oil comes with pure CBD and no THC. Full Spectrum as in Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil is made from CBD, THC and other cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. Broad Spectrum is like Full Spectrum but without THC.
● CBD has no psychoactive properties while THC may make you feel high if using in high amount.
● There are possible side effects involved with CBD like diarrhea, dry mouth, loss of appetite and fatigue.
● CBD may interact and interfere with other medications. So always consult with your doctor if you are on medicationa or are suffering from any illness.
For more information on Mellow Organic please feel free to contact us at www.melloworganic.com
Written by Vivek Roachthavilit