How Much Is Too Much CBD and Can You Overdose From CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD has been thriving in the natural holistic supplement scene for a while now. CBD has been marketed to have numerous therapeutic benefits such as pain relief, anti-inflammation, improves sleep, treat insomnia, improve digestion, regulate mood, reduce stress and anxiety and have anti-epilepsy properties. All of this has been backed with numerous scientific backing. But a growing concern among people that are new to CBD is whether CBD is safe or not? Yes definitely! A good CBD product should be organic and free from pesticides, heavy metals and microbial. CBD alone does not cause any intoxication as it does not have any psychoactive properties therefore it won't cause you to feel high. Some CBD products may include THC which is responsible for feeling "high" if used in high amounts. THC is a cannabinoid that carries psychoactive effects. CBD is non-addictive and there are no withdrawal symptoms.
Can you overdose from CBD or how much is too much CBD? What will happen if you take too much CBD? We will explore the matter today.
CBD is considered safe even when taken in high dosage. Studies have shown that humans can tolerate CBD even as high as 1,500 mg per day. This doesn't mean you need to use 1,500 mg. We really don't know yet what would be the effect if you exceed that amount.
Not everyone have the same level of tolerance. Not everyone can tolerate CBD in high amounts. It is best to always start low and slowly increase the dosage as you see appropriate. Treat CBD as an enhancer for your physical and mental health not not a substance to hurt you.
At Mellow Organic we always advise our customers to start with 0.25-0.50 ml especially if you are new to CBD.
There is still no definite guideline on how to use CBD. We can only give guidelines or make suggestions, but the dosage of CBD depends on: body weight, metabolism, tolerance, and the potency of the CBD product should which factors in on how much CBD you need.
Can You Overdose From CBD?
CBD is known to have low risk of overdose and does not carry any serious adverse effects. There has not been any report of a lethal dosage of CBD.
There needs to be more research done on the effects that may arise after using CBD in a large amount. If taken CBD in an extremely high level and if it incurs symptoms that might resemble an overdose of CBD then the following are symptoms that you may experience:
● Extreme sidation
● Injury to liver
● Issues with gastrointestinal
● Dizziness or feeling lightheadedness
● Dry mouth
● Feeling irritable or agitation
● Uncontrollable blood pressure
● Changes in appetite
Tips on taking CBD safely:
● Study the ingredients
● Notice the potency of CBD
● Choose the right CBD for you. CBD Isolate contains only CBD and free from THC or other components from the cannabis plant. Full Spectrum CBD usually contains a higher amount of CBD and includes THC and other cannabinoids like CBDa, THCa, CBN, CBG or CBG. The third type is Broad Spectrum CBD which is similar to Full Spectrum but is free from THC.
● Make sure that the CBD product is lab tested from third-party lab and always ask for Certificate of Analysis before buying.
● Your CBD products should be organic and free from pesticides, heavy metals and microbial.
● Follow the product instructions.
● Start with low dosage first.
● Consult with your doctor first if you would like to start using CBD.
● CBD may interact or interfere with other medications.
● Monitor how your body reacts with CBD.
● Women who are pregnant or are breastfeeding should refrain from taking CBD.
Mellow CBD Oil is our CBD Isolate option that comes in 900 mg CBD available in Natural and Orange flavors. One bottle is 30ml. Mellow CBD Oil is perfect for beginners or people that just want CBD without other cannabinoids.
Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil comes with 1,800 mg of CBD with THC and other cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids for the greatest entourage effect. Available in a 30ml bottle.
Mellow CBD Soothing Balm is our vanilla scented CBD-infused topical for people looking to relieve pain, muscle soreness and reduce stress and anxiety. Also, great for joint pain. Our balm comes in 50 grams tin.
For more information about Mellow Organic find us at
Special thanks to: