Kratom vs. CBD: the similarities and differences. Which is better for you?
Because of the boom of cannabis people are looking to cannabis and natural derived products to gain better physical and mental health. Apart from CBD or Marijuana, people have also been curious about Kratom. We will be focussing on both CBD and Kratom today.
Before we go on, this blog is brought to you by Mellow Organic. Mellow Organic is the first and most trusted CBD Oil in Thailand. Our product is lab tested for Top Quality CBD content and zero toxicity.
We have the most affordable price and we provide free delivery nationwide.
Mellow Organic is proud to present:
Mellow CBD Oil is made from CBD Isolate and available in Natural and Orange flavors. Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil for a higher CBD potency and Mellow CBD Soothing Balm vanilla scented with high quality CBD-infused topicals.
Both Kratom and CBD have therapeutic properties, but in different ways. We need to example it's similarities and differences to understand what is better for you.
Kratom or scientifically known as mitragyna speciosa. Kratom is an evergreen tree and native to Southeast Asian countries like Thailand, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia.
Traditionally kratom has been used in the Southeastern Asian countries and now in many parts of the world for its medicinal and recreational benefits.
The kratom leafs contain active compounds like alkaloids, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine.
The alkaloids interact with opioid receptors in your brain making the effects similar with opiods.
Kratom is commonly consumed by chewing the leaves or brewing it into tea, but today we can also find kratom as capsules, powders and extracts.
Apart from Thailand and other Southeastern countries kratom is gaining popularity in the United States too.
Kratom is commonly used for analgesic properties, mood enhancing, mood stimulating effects, pain relief and to increased energy. However kratom is highly unregulated or endorsed by the Food and Drug Administration. There is very little research done on kratom.
Now what about CBD? CBD is also known as Cannabidiol. CBD is a natural chemical compound found in the cannabis sativa plant. In a cannabis plant you will find over a 100 compounds or cannabinoids. Apart from CBD, other well known cannabinoids include THC, CBG, CBN, CBC, THCa or CBDa. All of these have multiple therapeutic properties that could benefit our health and well being. When we think of a product that is naturally extracted from cannabis we often think about CBD and THC. CBD does not have any psychoactive effects which means it won't intoxicate you or make you feel "high". It won't alter the state of your mind unlike it's counterpart and the main psychoactive component of the cannabinoids, THC.
Recently, CBD has gain a lot of popularity due to its therapeutic properties.
CBD is commonly extracted from the hemp plant for its high content and very low level of THC.
CBD products has been legalized in many parts of the United States and around the world for both medical and recreational use. In the US CBD products with less than 0.3% THC is legal and in Thailand the allowance must not exceed 0.2% THC.
CBD can be found as tinctures or oil, capsules, gummies or edibles, vape oil, cannabis flower buds and topicals. Today CBD is also an active ingredient in multiple beauty, skincare and health products.
There are three types of CBD: Full Spectrum usually contains a high amount of CBD and includes THC, CBG, CBN, CBC and other cannabinoids. It also includes terpenes and all the healthy fatty acids. Broad Spectrum is similar to full spectrum option, but comes without THC. CBD Isolate is considered to be the purest and most refined form of CBD as it contains only CBD and no other cannabinoids or terpenes.
Potential therapeutic benefits of CBD includes: pain relief and analgesic properties, improve sleep and treat insomnia, reducing stress, anxiety and treat depression, epilepsy symptoms treatment, neuroprotective properties and anti-inflammatory properties.
The difference between kratom and CBD
1. CBD is derived from the cannabis and hemp plant. Kratom comes from the mitragyna speciosa tree.
2. Kratom contain active compounds that interact with the opioid receptors and CBD does not.
3. Both kratom and CBD have analgesic properties that can help manage pain and anxiety. CBD also have therapeutic properties such as anti-inflammation and improved sleep.
4. Kratom is habit-forming and can cause addiction and dependence while CBD is considered safe even when used in high amounts.
5. CBD is not habit-forming or addictive like Kratom or alcohol or nicotine, but when used in high amounts may lead to drowsiness and overuse. Scientifically, you cannot overdose from CBD, but you should notice how your body reacts to CBD and stick to a routine for the most effective results from CBD.
6. Kratom when taken in high amounts can lead to addiction. It could also cause constipation, nausea, irritability and recklessness.
7. Using Kratom with alcohol or prescription drug can be dangerous. CBD may also interaction or interfere with the mechanism of prescription drugs. Consult your medical provider if you are interested in use either kratom or CBD for your health.
8. CBD interacts with the Endocannabinoid System which is responsible for helping to regulate mood, pain perception, appetite or sleep. CBD also binds to cannabinoid receptors in the brain and helps influence positive activity. CBD does not contain any psychoactive effects therefore it will not alter the state of your mind or cause intoxication.
9. Kratom works differently than CBD does. Kratom interacts with the opioid receptors in the brain. The compounds in the kratom binds with the receptors and produce analgesic effects which can benefit pain, anxiety or sleep. CBD is known to have calming effects and can help to reduce stress and improve mood. CBD also interacts with serotonin in your brain to help regulate mood therefore it is a good candidate for treating anxiety and depression.
10. Kratom has calming effects for the body and mind. It has been used throughout history as a herbal remedy for pain and anxiety. It can also produce a sensation of relaxation.
Both CBD and Kratom can be beneficial to physical and mental health. It is important to understand that Kratom is an opioid derivative and can be addictive and habit forming. CBD is non-addictive and there is no withdrawal syndrome. Which is better for you is best for your to decide, but we highly recommend that you do your research and follow the product guidelines for safety consumption. You can always contact the Mellow Organic team for more information on CBD and CBD products.
Always consult your doctor before starting to use CBD or kratom.
Feel free to visit our website https://www.melloworganic.com
or go to our Facebook page
Written by Vivek Roachthavilit
Special thanks to: