Myths and The Truth About CBD
Myths and The Truth About CBD
CBD is gaining a lot of popularity and like every other health trend there is a lot of information out there, some true while others may just be myths and misguided information. We will try to clarify some of the most popular myths about CBD.
1. CBD is addictive: just because CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant, people assume that it is addictive like other controlled substances or even alcohol. This is definitely not true. World Health Organization (WHO) in 2017 stated that “evidence from well-controlled human experimental research indicates that CBD is not associated with abuse potential.” CBD does not appear to have any addiction-related effects, because CBD doesn't produce intoxication effects. Today, CBD is used to help treat drug addiction and prevent relapse from substance abuse.
2. You can overdose from CBD: there was a study on the effects of using CBD on humans and some subjects were using over 1,500mg per day for an extended period without displaying any health risk. World Anti-Doping Angency (WADA) has removed CBD from its banned substances list.
3. CBD and THC are the same: even though they have similar medicinal properties, CBD does not contain any psychoactive effects while a high level of THC can cause you to feel high. There may be upto 0.3% THC in some CBD products, but not enough to make you high.
4. All CBD is the same: again this is not true. There are three forms of CBD: CBD Isolate, Full Spectrum and Broad Spectrum. CBD Isolate consists of purely CBD and no THC or other cannabinoids from the cannabis plant. Mellow CBD Oil, our original CBD product is made from CBD Isolate Isolate and comes in a 30 ml bottle containing 900 mg of CBD. Full Spectrum contains all the components from cannabis plants from CBD, THC, terpenes, flavonoids and other cannabinoids. Mellown Full Spectrum CBD Oil is available in 30 ml bottles with 1,800 mg of CBD. Broad Spectrum is similar to Full Spectrum but does not include THC.
5. CBD will not show up in the drug test: modern day drug test kits are very sensitive and have been designed to detect even the smallest amount of THC found in Full Spectrum, therefore it is advisable to choose CBD Isolate to avoid any complications as it has been removed from THC and other cannabinoids.
6. CBD Oil requires prescription: Generally you don't need any prescription to buy CBD products. CBD products are available in grocery stores, pharmacies and cannabis dispensaries everywhere that CBD is legal. Check with local laws before you buy. In Thailand CBD products with less than 0.2% THC is considered legal and does not require prescription.
7. You need to take a high dosage of CBD for it to be effective: humans can tolerate a high amount upto 1,500 mg of CBD without experiencing health risk, but you definitely don't need that much. There is no such thing as a correct dose for everyone. It is recommended that you start with a low dosage and increase the amount if needed. The effects of CBD works differently for everyone so experimenting with dosage is welcome until you find the right amount that works for you.
We hope that this helps to separate the facts and fiction about CBD. Please remember to be patient and CBD is a natural product so your body may need some time to adjust to CBD. The potency and content of the CBD product is important. Do your research about what kind of product will suit your needs before you buy. Make sure that your product is lab tested and organic like Mellow Organic. For more information about our products please visit www.melloworganic.com or www.facebook.com/mellowhemp