Positive Effects Of CBD For Seniors
CBD is on the rise and is becoming a household item. A must have for everyone that is looking for a natural holistic supplement to boost your livelihood. CBD is good for people of all ages from children to senior members of society. Today, we will be looking into the positive effects CBD has on the elderly.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD is a chemical compound (cannabinoid) from the cannabis sativa plant. There are about a 100 cannabinoids that can be found in the cannabis plant and two of the most active cannabinoids are THC and CBD. Both have very similar therapeutic properties, but the big difference is CBD does not have any psychoactive effects meaning it will not cause toxication or make you feel "high" like THC would if you use it in a large amount. CBD is often extracted from the hemp for its higher amount of CBD and low THC. While CBD has the potential to help people of all ages, but it it seems to have tremendous positive effects on the senior citizens.
● Most adults have to deal with pain and Inflammation.
● Many of injuries do lead to chronic pain.
● CBD can be a very healthy and safe alternative to traditional painkillers.
● CBD can alleviate pain tremendously in people of old age.
● Half of all adults suffer from arthritis.
● CBD reduces inflammation which is an important factor in causing pain in joint areas.
● Anti-inflammatory properties found in CBD also helps with Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
● CBD reduces pain symptoms.
● CBD has less side effects than painkillers.
● CBD can help manage anxiety.
● Researchers believe that CBD can interact with the brain's receptors and regulate serotonin which is a chemical in your brain that is associated with mental health.
● Research have shown that humans can tolerate high stressful moments better after receiving dosage of CBD.
● Scientists have proven that CBD can decrease stress reduction.
● CBD can cut down on psychological effects from anxiety such as increased heart rate or tremors.
● CBD can also lower PTSD syndromes.
● Treat insomnia and help you sleep better.
● Older people are more prone to osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is when you loose important minerals which makes the bones become more fragile and fractures easily.
● Seniors could experience pain and suffer from fractures of bones easier when they fall.
● Bone health is a major concern for the elderly.
● CBD helps to reduce inflammation, stimulate cell repair and aid in bone strengthening.
● Sleep disorders and insomnia is common among senior citizens.
● Change of lifestyle, disturbances in sleeping pattern, medications, diet, stress and anxiety are leading causes of sleep disorder.
● Adults opt to take sleeping pills for sleeping aid. Sleeping pills may help induce sleep, but there are health issues that will arise with long-term use.
● Sleeping Pills could result in addiction, dependence and further sleeping disorder.
● CBD can help you feel calm.
● Regulate your sleep/wake cycle
● CBD can help improve your sleeping pattern, waking up less during the night. Making it easier for you to fall back to sleep.
● CBD does not make feel any drowsiness when you wake up in the morning.
● CBD is non-addictive and does not have any withdrawal syndromes.
● CBD can help you to lessen the need to taking sleeping pills.
● CBD might be able to fight against neurodegenerative diseases.
● This happens when nuerons are lost in different parts of one's nervous system.
● Loss of nerve cells lead to decline of cognitive and motor functioning skills.
● Researchers are studying how CBD can help people that are affected by neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinson's disease, dementia and stroke.
● CBD are able to reduce inflammation and that is a plus point for the nerves.
● Inflammation can worsen neurodegeberarive symptoms.
● CBD can alleviate the symptoms of cancer and it's side effects.
● CBD has shown to reduce cancer tumor growths in animals.
● CBD may help absorb medication to help increase the potency of medication
● CBD may reduce Inflammation and promote reproduction of cells.
● CBD may inhibit growth of tumor cells.
Improve Heart Health
● Heart disease is very common among senior citizens.
● Heart disease is the leading cause of death among adults.
● High blood pressure is the main contributor to health disease.
● CBD promises to be an alternative natural treatment for high blood pressure.
● Studies on humans subjects have shown that CBD-basrd medication can help control and lower blood pressure.
● CBD has antioxidants which can help reduce cardiac inflammation.
● It can help recuperate dying cells from oxidative stress.
● CBD may be able to promote a healthy heart health and prevent health diseases.
Mental Health and Mood and Behavior Disorders
● Stress, anxiety, depression, isolation, loneliness and sadness may lead to destruction of health and deteriorating mental health and mood disorders.
● Seniors are at a higher risk for mental illness.
● CBD interact with brain receptors to regulate mood and behavior.
● CBD can reduce stress, promote mindfulness and improve cognitive functions.
● Seniors often suffer from malnutrition and loss of appetite.
● This can lead to weight loss, weakness of muscle and tissues and other health issues.
● Marijuana can enhance appetite.
● CBD can help to stimulate appetite without the risk of feeling high.
● Using cannabis can help seniors to fight against malnutrition and unnecessary weight loss.
We hope these facts and information can help persuade you to let CBD become part of your loved one's daily health routine. Please do remember that there needs to be more information before we can truly understand the full potential of CBD and you should consult with a medical provider before starting to use CBD. CBD should never be a replacement for your medication. It should be used as a health supplement with other medications. So if you are looking for good organic CBD products then allow us to introduce you to Mellow Organic. Mellow Organic is the first and most trusted CBD products in Thailand. Our premium CBD products that we offer are Mellow CBD Oil made from pure CBD, Mellow Full Spectrum CBD Oil and Mellow CBD Soothing Balm. Our product is lab tested for Top Quality CBD content and zero toxicity. For more information feel free to contact us at
Written by Vivek Roachthavilit